Skip to main content

Spectacular Art of Andie Tong

Andie Tong is the regular artist of the Spectacular Spider-Man's UK comic book. Now I haven't read any of the issues, but I did come across his deviant art page last night, which feature some of the pages from what looks to be a superb comic.

I love all the quirky posses Andie draws Spidey in. He also does a terrific job on the webbing and the half-mask. I can take big or small eyes on a Spider-Man mask, but I think Andie gets the right combo. The eyes aren't too big and they aren't too small.

Andie also draws a very excellent Green Goblin. It'd be sweet if he could do the art for some of the Spider books in the states.
James Offredi does the coloring on Andie's artwork. Needless to say, James does an amazing job, making Andie's already gorgeous art look even better.

I know its only artwork and I haven't read any of these issues, but from what I've seen, it looks like the stories in the Spectacular Spider-Man UK book are a heck of a lot more interesting than the garbage that's infesting Amazing Spider-Man.

The crew behind the book even won an Eagle Award for all of their hard work. Looks like it was well-deserved. You can check out more of Andie's stuff here. Congratulations on the award and keep up the good work, guys!

Comments

Tommy said…
That looks incredible!!

I wonder if those are A.I.M. agents in the last page or some other group?
Pardon my ignorance but who is A.I.M.?
Tommy said…
Advanced Idea Mechanics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/
Advanced_Idea_Mechanics

They're a technology-based group that tend to appear more in Iron Man, but Spidey has clashed with things they've created, such as the Super Adaptoid (Web of Spidey #100) and the Dreadnought 2000s (Spec Spidey Annual #12).
Ah, I see. Thanks for the info.
I think Andie has admiration to the art of Todd McFarlane and Mark Bagley, the way Spidey swings with spaghetti webbing and how his half face half mask looks like Ultimate Spidey.

This thing makes me want to read more of Mark Millers and Terry Dodsons job from MK: Spider-Man, and I want to collect these issue too.

Peter and M.J are dating? Not married? At least he and M.J are together. Does this M.J know that Peter is Spider-Man? Peter seems to be living in his aunts house.
rjsodaro said…
Wait, guys, are you telling me that there is an original Spidey comic being published in England? That don’t seem fair to us folks here. I mean, they get our comics as reprints, shouldn’t we get reprints of theirs?

Someone tell me to whom I’m supposed to write!

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...