Skip to main content

Another JR Jr. Special

Spider-Man has been drawn by countless artists over the 45+ years he's been around. One of my favorites is John Romita Jr. I love looking at his old work and his most recent drawing and he's still improving his art style. He's worked in the business for over 30 years and has a huge fan following.

Volume 18 of Modern Masters focuses on JR Jr.'s career in comics with some good old Q & A, and a ton of artwork from Johnny Jr. The book will be in stock Jul 30th and when I get some cash, I'll be sure to order a copy.

I'd like to thank Todd Merrick Novak for bringing this book to my attention and for giving me something else to spend money on.

Comments

John Romita jr. deserves to be in the top of the favorite artists list.

First time I knew about him was while readin the issue about 9/11, the thought that came to my head was: "What happened? His art is corrupted?" I remembered back then only John Romita sr.

While the time passed I felt warmer toward this art style, and became a fan of his art especially in the Morlun story (Coming Home)
Tommy said…
I think one of my earliest recollections of his art was the mid-90's, when he worked on The Lost Years, a story revealing some key info about Ben Reilly's time on the road.

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...