Skip to main content

Luffy vs. Goku

Once again I post a cool picture and do not know the name of the artists who drew it. This particular piece pits two of my favorite Shonen heroes against each other.

First off, let me say that Luffy vs. Goku isn't a match. This would be a one-sided beat down with Goku not even having to use much of his strength to defeat Luffy. Even Krillin would beat Luffy with not much effort. Still, this is a pretty sweet pic and even I can put aside my knowledge of the outcome to take in its awesomeness.

Comments

In the world of anime it isn't hard at all to believe that a shrimp can beat a shark, so Luffy can defeat Goku.

If you haven't seen Eyeshield21 I advise you to watch it, when you reach ("deimon Devil Bats" vs. "Dragons") your going to believe it with your own eyes
I get what you're saying but DBZ characters are in a league of their own.
Do you know there is a PS2 game:
DON: Dragon Ball vs Onepiece vs. Naruto?

Just wanted to tell you about it, nothing more
Tommy said…
Heh, Reggie mentioned something similar (but diff game series) at his video game blog.

And cause no one demanded it...*Ahem*


Buu: "Why you go down? You no play?"

Goku: "We'll get to that, but first, I thought I'd take a minute to teach you a thing or two about Saiyans...Staring with, the basics."

Buu: "Super...Saiyan-jin?"

Babidi: "Don't both with it. I never asked you to explain anything."

Goku: "You're going to love this---Trust me! What you're seeing now is my normal state."

*Fwasp!*

"This is a Super Saiyan. And this..."

*Kzznng!!*

"...This is what is known as a Super Saiyan that has ascended past a Super Saiyan. Or, you can just call this a Super Saiyan 2."

Buu: "Oh! Oh ho!" /Curious

Babidi: "Ho-hum, what a useless transformation. You've change your hair---so what?"

*Goku chuckles to himself while busting out 'that smile'.*

Goku: "Just wait!"

*Other characters muse on a new state being possible*

Goku: "And this..."

Master Roshi: "Eh?! Whats...he...doing?!?"

Goku: "Is...to go---even further---BEYOND!!!! EAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Piccolo: "Nghh!! *Eyes wide* It's...Unreal! How is he generating that much *power*!"

Goten: "Do it, dad!"

Krillin: "Nnn---Too hot!!"

Tien: "It feels like the whole world is shaking apart! What is Goku doing? If he doesn't stop this, everything is going to be destroyed!"

Mr. Satan: "Ghhh!! *Flop* Please, somebody make him stop!!"

(etc)

*Babidi sweats balls*

Goku: "I'm sorry that took so much longer than the others, heh, but I've not had much occasion to practice this one. This is what I call a Super Saiyan 3."

----

Anyways, the only real way to have a chance against the DBZ characters is to have a certain power that puts you on a somewhat equal playing field and/or know who you're dealing with.

For instance, since Goku didn't outright destroy Captain Ginyu when they fought (Goku is a nice guy & gives chances), Ginyu was able to use a body-swap technique. Stuff like that is your best chance short of blowing up the planet (which Kid Buu does during the last story arc).

If you had a vs match against Vegeta, appealing to his vanity (this is before he turns over a new leaf at the end of the series) to buy time to do something is your best bet, as was the case with Cell achieving his perfect form.
Didn't know there was a PS2 game like that. Sounds cool. Too bad it will probably never make it to the states. Jump Superstars didn't come here either.

Tommy, bravo!

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...