Skip to main content

Wednesday Comics

I went into my comic shop today expecting to get only one comic, but you know what they say about the best laid plans.

Anyway, after I had Marvel Adventures Spider-Man #39 in hand, I saw a single copy of Franklin Richards: Not-So-Secret Invasion. I've never read any of the Franklin stories, but I've heard that they are entertaining light-hearted reads, so I picked up this one-shot.

Despite the fact that little green freaks are all over the cover and that I want nothing to do with Marvel's 2008 big event, outside of the first story (of five short stories), Skrulls take up very little space in this comic. In fact, little Franklin manages to put the smack down on the Skrull that impersonated him in just a few short pages. Franklin even insults the Skrull for being stupid enough to only time him up when Franklin has "been tied up by more super villains than you can count." Forget sending the Avengers to deal with this threat. I say we just have Reed & Sue's kid go after them and call it a day.

The other four short stories, which have Franklin and H.E.R.B.I.E. dealing with ramping lizards, creatures that hatch out of soccer balls, helping under sea creatures, and fending off the Wizard are all had me pleasantly surprised. I like to laugh just as I like to have my jaw dropped when I read a comic, so Franklin Richards: Not-So-Secret Invasion was quiet a treat. I think I'll end up checking out any other Franklin Richards books from here on out. Do yourself a favor and pick this one up.

Another month, another good issue of Marvel Adventures Spider-Man. Really, if you aren't reading this book, you're missing out on some good single story Spidey tales.

MASM #39 has Peter giving an exchange student from Latveria a tour of the city. The Fantastic Four show up and take the kid back to the Baxter Building. Turns out the exchange student is really a highly advanced android sent by Dr. Doom to hack into the FF's computer system and bring back their secrets. With Spidey's help, the FF stop the android and send him back to Doom with information on TV soap operas and the Latverian tyrant is none the wiser.

Call me simple minded, but I really get a kick out of this easy reading, colorful stories. Sumerak writers some solid stories and Ryan Stegman's artwork rocked. I can't wait for MASM #40 because in that issue, he gets to play around with Thor's hammer! I'll be there in thirty for sure!

Comments

Nice issues you find, too bad I still haven't laid a hand on one of those "M.A.S" issues beside the story of "STREET & GOOM".

By the way bro; I noticed you repeated this mistake a lot, and I just can't help it. "Quiet" means silence, if you want to say something faired you type it like this "Quite"
Ha, thanks! I need to check over these blog entries more often.

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...