Skip to main content

IGN's 100 Best Animated Shows


1. The Simpsons (1989)
2. Batman: The Animated Series (1992)
3. Looney Tunes (1930)
4. South Park (1997)
5. Beavis and Butt-head (1993)
6. The Tick (1994)
7. Family Guy (1999)
8. Futurama (1999)
8. The Flintstones (1960)
10. Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995)

11. The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show (1959)
12. The Ren and Stimpy Show (1991)
13. X-Men (1992)
14. Cowboy Bebop (1998)
15. Spongebob Squarepants (1999)
16. The Maxx (1995)
17. Animaniacs (1993)
18. DuckTales (1987)
19. G.I. Joe (1985)
20. Justice League Unlimited (2001)

21. Star Wars: Clone Wars (2003)
22. The Real Ghostbusters (1986)
23. Transformers (1984)
24. Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! (1969)
25. Robot Chicken (2005)
26. The Critic (1994)
27. King of the Hill (1997)
28. Home Movies (1999)
29. Speed Racer (1967)
30. The Spectacular Spider-Man (2008)

31. Muppet Babies (1984)
32. Liquid Television (1991)
33. Schoolhouse Rock (1972)
34. Robotech (1985)
35. Avatar: The Last Airbender (2005)
36. Superman: The Animated Series (1996)
37. Space Ghost Coast to Coast (1994)
38. Naruto (2002)
39. Aqua Teen Hunger Force (2000)
40. Batman Beyond (1999)

41. Tiny Toon Adventures (1990)
42. The Powerpuff Girls (1998)
43. Samurai Jack (2001)
44. Battle of the Planets (1978)
45. Gargoyles (1994)
46. The Jetsons (1962)
47. Pinky and the Brain (1995)
48. Duckman (1994)
49. ThunderCats (1985)
50. SuperFriends (1973)

51. Death Note (2006)
52. Galaxy High (1986)
53. Freakazoid (1995)
54. Inspector Gadget (1983)
55. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (1987)
56. The Venture Bros. (2003)
57. Invader ZIM (2001)
58. He-Man and the Masters of the Universe (1983)
59. Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends (1981)
60. Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers (1989)

61. Count Duckula (1988)
62. Danger Mouse (1981)
63. The Huckleberry Hound Show (1958)
64. Dungeons & Dragons (1983)
65. Todd McFarlane's Spawn (1997)
66. Tom and Jerry (1940)
67. The Pink Panther Show (1969)
68. Popeye (1933)
69. Mighty Mouse (1944)
70. Pokemon (1997)

71. Johnny Bravo (1997)
72. Dexter's Laboratory (1996)
73. Mobile Suit Gundam Wing (1995)
74. Underdog (1964)
75. Dr. Katz, Professional Therapist (1995)
76. Voltron: Defender of the Universe (1984)
77. Jonny Quest (1964)
78. Dragon Ball Z (1989)
79. Sealab 2021 (2000)
80. Alvin and the Chipmunks (1983)

81. TaleSpin (1990)
82. Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids (1972)
83. Teen Titans (2003)
84. Spider-Man (1994)
85. Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends (2004)
86. Astro Boy (1963)
87. Frisky Dingo (2006)
88. The Woody Woodpecker Show (1957)
89. Star Wars: The Clone Wars (2008)
90. Afro Samuarai (2007)

91. Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law (2000)
92. Rugrats (1991)
93. Darkwing Duck (1991)
94. The Boondocks (2005)
95. Fullmetal Alchemist (2004)
96. Star Trek: The Animated Series (1973)
97. The Smurfs (1981)
98. Clerks (2000)
99. MASK (1985)
100. Josie and the Pussycats (1970)

If you want to read into it further, click here.

There's a lot many won't agree with but I am glad many of my favorite shows made the list.

Comments

Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends beats the 90s Spidey show? I love this about the list.

Batman & Simpson both had their musics composed by "Danny Elfman" & both of them are on top of the list, this sure has it certain amount of fun
At first I didn't think Spidey & Amazing Friends was on there but I checked again and saw it.

Simpons may have had it's hotness back then but it needs to die now.
Didn't they finish with making Simpsons so far after the movie?

The "Ew; are they serious?" in this list:

5. Beavis and Butt-head (1993)

10. Neon Genesis Evangelion (1995)(MAXIMUM EWW)

12. The Ren and Stimpy Show (1991) (Maximum EWW)

48. Duckman (1994)

92. Rugrats (1991)

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...