Skip to main content

Amazing Art

There are a lot of talented people out there. Case in point Todd Merrick Novak. Normally I don't make a blog post dedicated to drooling all over artwork (even though art is one of my favorite things), but this stuff was so good I just had to give it a mention. I mean just look at this stuff. Beautiful! Todd does an masterful job of mimicking Steve Ditko's Spider-Man art style.

With art like this, I've no doubt that Todd will go places. If you want to see more of his work, you should check out his art blog. Todd also has stuff you can check out on his ComicSpace page.

Comments

Tommy said…
Those look awesome!
Tell me about it! I'm thinking of linking the SpiferFan staff to his blog so they can check it out. Very impressive stuff.
Most admirable
He got closer to the classic Ditko art than "Ron Frenz" ever managed to get

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...