Skip to main content

The People I've Known in Ohio

The way things are going, I figure I have a few more weeks here in Ohio before I move to Virgina Beach for a new beginning. I've done a lot of thinking about the way my life has been over the years that I've lived here. I remember a lot of experiences but what I remember most is the people I've met.

Many of the people I've encountered have said they either dislike Ohio or hate it outright. Those that say that are perfectly within their right of free speech to say so. More often than not, the reason for not liking life in the Buckeye state is "There isn't anything to do." At least, that was the one I'd always heard. I never really understood that. Maybe it's because I'm one of those weird, old fashioned types that's fine with having things be super simple in his life. As much as I want to visit New York City someday, I'm perfectly fine living a "boring" life as I've got nice folks to share my life with.

The people you let into your life can have a positive or negative impact on you. I've had some people I've had to sever ties with, but for the most part, I've been blessed to know some truly awesome people here. When I was a child, my parents took my sister and I to a church called New Life Worship Center. During the years I spent there, I grew up with some of my best friends. A few of them are married now, but whenever I see them, we pick up right where we left off. Many people at New Life are like family to me, which makes the decision to move a tough one.

Some people say co-workers shouldn't be counted as friends, but over the last four years I've worked with some truly great people. It wouldn't feel right if I didn't call them friends. It feels as if I've known them all my life. A few of them even helped me land a job at a time where finding work is tough. To have some of them tell me that they'll miss me after having only known them for four or five months is pretty touching. Four years ago, when I left my previous job, my attitude was more along the lines of "So long, suckers!" That isn't the case with my current job. Though I'll still be keeping in touch with everyone via Facebook, it doesn't making leaving them any easier.

So, yeah, as much of a wuss as saying it might make me seem, one of the main reasons life in Ohio was good was due to fact that I had good people in my life. I've no doubt good people live in VA Beach as well. I mean, I've got family out there, so I already know it to be true.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I wish you the best of luck in our new home. It has been great working with you over these past years,you will truly be missed!

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...