Skip to main content

Back Blogged: The Road to Virginia Beach

Let me get the bad out of the way first. The trip to Virginia Beach was LONG. Even though we left a little bit before 10PM, we didn't arrive until sometime after 1PM. The funny thing is that my dad actually told me that we made good progress by departing at the time we did. By leaving during the night hours, far less people were on the road. Of course we still weren't spared the curse of idiot drivers. Some crazy lady merging on the highway nearly ran my dad and I off the road.

The trip also took a lot out of us physically. I'm not used to getting sleepy at 12 and 1AM, so you can imagine my surprise when my eyes get heavy and the rest of my body starts shutting down quicker than what I'm used to. I was also disoriented for the rest of the week, constantly forgetting what day it was. I ended up taking a few naps during the week to get my energy back, which is rare for me.

Now for the good. The sights were awesome. Virginia is loaded with wall-to-wall mountains that seem to stretch on forever. I wish I could have seen them during the day time, but even at night, they still looked pretty. Maybe I was so awe-struck because I don't see stuff like this everyday. I only wish I had a camera! The image above is one I pulled off the google search engine.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...