Skip to main content

The Second Great Depression?

I'm no expert in economics, but it doesn't take a degree to see the sorry shape that America's economy is in. Normally I don't blog about this kinda thing, but this has been weighing on my mind for the last few days, so I've decided to get it out in the open here.

The United States of America is the richest country in the world, yet it's in the saddest shape it's ever been in since the Great Depression, the worst financial crisis to ever hit the USA and that was more than 60 years ago. Thousands of jobs are being axed left and right, a good chunk of the American people's money was used to bail Wall Street out of the mess that they got themselves into, and the auto industry is so close to going down the toilet, yet it's essential that it survives for the good of the economy, but that will take another bail out. Guess who's paying for that? I'll give ya a hint, it ain't the rich folks.

What am I trying to say? We're getting screwed. Completely and utterly screwed. We're struggling just to make what should be the easiest of bills to pay, but it isn't easy. You're fortunate enough just to have a job but depending on what line of work you're in, you may be one of the many who has been blasted by hour cuts. And even if you aren't, this crisis is by no means a cakewalk for you. We are all being affected by this in some form or another.

The emotional stress that is brought with this disaster is unreal. I don't watch much news or TV for that matter, but when it is on, I always hear how things are getting worse. You can't turn on the tube without hearing how much further this thing is making us sink. It's depressing to hear about, and it's depressing to think about.

But I don't want to be all gloom and doom in this blog post. In fact, I honestly believe that we will get out of this mess someday, but it's gonna take time. The economy didn't get this way overnight and it won't be fixed overnight.

My advice to anyone reading this?

Pray. I've always been a believer in the power of prayer. I believe some people that never prayed before may be doing it now. That's how hard-hitting this situation is.

Take your mind of off it. Read a book, watch a movie, play a game, listen to some music, whatever. Dwelling on this crisis and worrying certainly won't make things any better. Just live your life the best you can. As I've already said, I do believe we'll make it through this. Eventually.

Comments

Tommy said…
Yeah, the bailout plan was indeed ><
And they want even more money from us!
I saw about this kind of abuse for the averagely payed & the poorer people and heard a lot about it, just never expected to see it on people I communicate with.

Good luck anyway, let the rich people pay before some so/"not so" "Robin Hood" figured thieves enter their lives and take away their money.

You are 100% right about the advice to pray, good call on that one

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...