Skip to main content

Dubs vs Subs

Oh no, I didn't. I did not just bring up the immortal argument of dubs vs. subs. Wait, is that what it says up? There? Yup, it is. Looks like I did bring it up. Despite what you might think, I don't actually participate in this argument very often, if at all. I prefer to watch my anime in dubbed form and leave it at that, but I'm well aware that many people stick to subs. However, many sub fans often bash even the best of dubs and for ludicrous reasons. But I didn't bring up this topic to rant. I'm going to let someone else do that because they've done a superb job.

Gantz Spoof FanDUB

This video brings up excellent points, ones I've never seen mentioned whenever the topic of dubs vs. subs is brought up. It's also downright hilarious.

Comments

The orginal voices & talking of the characters is better, always choose the subs and forget the dubs.

My humble point of view
Tommy said…
I can go either way, but in the case of DBZ, definitely dub. The character feel more epic to me that way.

Dan Green as the Pharaoh in Yu-gi-Oh is also damn awesome.
Dru Tan said…
I prefer a good dub over a good sub, but I like a good sub more than a lousy dub.

I never really cared if the characters' lips match the voices, but it seems like a lot of American dub producers are really concerned with the timing. Sometimes that makes for some really awkward performances.
Tommy said…
Something I've wondered, is if they compensate by looping a talking animation.

So if they can't fit something in, they loop a bit and then go to the frames where the mouth stops moving.

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...