Skip to main content

Successors

So I was looking for a picture of Spider-Girl to go along with my previous blog entry and I found this. If you been living in a cave, the fellow in the Batsuit is Terry McGinnis, Bruce Wayne's offspring (long story) and successor to the Batman mantle. I like to think Terry and Mayday have a lot in common. Both are teenage heroes that have followed in ther parents footsteps and said parents have both been aprehensive about them continuing on in their costume identities at one point or another.

This looks like more of a versus pick than anything else. If these two did spar, I think the fight could go either way. Both were trained by two of the best heroes in the business. But like their parents, I'm pretty sure they'd end up working on the same side in a case or something. In fact, I'd love to see this team-up. Bruce Timm and Tom DeFalco need to talk.

Oh and you know that thing you do with the right clicking and saving with cool pics? Do that with this one.

Comments

Tommy said…
Awesome find, Reg!!
Thanks. On a related note, I've been thinking about watching my Batman Beyond DVDs again.
Terry isn't Bruce's offspring, Batman once saved Terry from the "Jokerz Gang" and I don't know the full story
Actually, yes, Terry is the son of Bruce Wayne. Just watch the Justice League Unlimited episode "Epilogue."
Is this why Batman felt compelled to take Terry under his care?
How did Terry recieve the news?
What about Terry's little brother?
Since Warren McGuinnis' DNA was changed to that of Bruce Wayne's that would make Terry's little brother also the sun of Bruce.

At first, Terry was upset because he thought Bruce manipulated things to make Terry his son somehow. In reality, Bruce had nothing to do with it. Amanda Waller had Terry's dad's DNA altered. Bruce found this out eventually but he never told Terry out of respect for the man who raised Terry, Warren. In the end, Terry accepted that Bruce was his father.

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...