Skip to main content

Profiling Kenshin

I finished reading Rurouni Kenshin a few years back but it wasn't until a few weeks ago that I finally got around to reading a gift from a buddy of mine: Rurouni Kenshin Profiles.

RK Profiles is a 411 book on the characters in the RK manga series. Spanning the first two story arcs of RK, the book gives info about each character, their techniques and fighting styles. One of the things I've always liked about RK was that despite it being a fictional story, it was based around events that actually shaped Japan before, during and after the Meji era. This book also tells you about what types of food, clothing and other natural resources that that coming to Japan and when they showed up. So on top of getting facts about the cast and crew of RK, you can also learn a lot of other stuff.

Even if you've already read RK, you should still check out RK Profiles. There's also a timeline detailing the events and births of the key characters in RK and some colored Shonen Jump covers of RK that you won't see in the regular 28 volumes of the series. Sure, if you go browsing the net you can find them, but it sure is nice to see them on actual paper.

I got my copy for free, but I'd still pay the $14.99 if my friend hadn't gotten this for me as a gift. If you're into RK, pick this book up.

Comments

Didn't care for the normal series after seeing less than one episode in the middle, maybe I'd give the series a try.

By far the 1st OVA is very gorgeous and is one of the best animes I got introduced to, didn't see the second OVA yet
Tommy said…
I've not checked out Kenshin yet, but I might at some point.

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...