Skip to main content

J.M. DeMatteis Speaks

Ever hear of a Spidey story called Kraven's Last Hunt? I'm sure you have. It's only reguarded as one of the greatest Spider-Man stories of all-time, written by one of my favorite Spidey scribes, J.M. DeMatteis.

The Spider-Man Crawl Space did a two-part podcast with Mr. DeMatteis as their guest. He talks about Kraven's Last Hunt, the Clone Saga, the death of aunt May, and the death of Harry Osborn among other things. He seems like are really down to Earth guy and it was great to hear what he thinks about Spidey and his past work on the character. Give it a listen if you're a fan.

Part 1

Part 2

Comments

Tommy said…
Awesome! I'm definitely checking this out.
Tommy said…
It's nice to know a Ben Reilly series was one of J.M.'s ideas, and it would be awesome if it got to be made, which is probably why it won't happen. :(
I need to pick up The Lost Years myself. Hear it was good.
Anonymous said…
Hey Sano from SRK. Thanks for that interview, pretty cool! He's pro marriage hell yeah! I agree with him. It's just something about Peter and MJ that makes you believe in their union.

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...