Skip to main content

Sail Over the Storm


I like living in Virginia Beach, I really do. The weather is nice, it's peaceful here and most importantly, I love being with my family. Unfortunately, the next chapter in my life has been marred by an old nemesis I'm sure many of you are all too familiar with: financial struggle.

It's been a little over 2 months since I've been here and I've yet to find a job. I've lost track of how many applications I've filled out and I haven't even had a single interview yet. You'd think the job Market in VA Beach would be better than that of Ohio, but after all the looking I've done, I'm really starting to wonder.

This isn't the first time in my life I've been jobless but not having a job is easily one of the worst things that can happen to anyone. Not only do I myself have my own bills to pay, but I want to help the family with the house bills as well. And it isn't just that I need to work. I want to work. Not having a job makes me feel like dead weight because I'm unable to help out and that makes me feel useless. It also means I have far more free time on my hands than I'd like to have. Free time is nice but not when it's the only time you have. However, if I don't keep myself occupied, I go crazy.

Still, I've experienced what seemed like overwhelming odds before and I've come out alive. When things get rough, you just gotta find something to hold on to while your ship is being tossed around by the waves and sail over the storm, no matter how bad it may be. Storms may go on for a while but they don't last for forever. Soon or later, the sun will come up.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...