Skip to main content

Can Spider-Girl Be Saved?

Spider-Girl has faced cancellation numerous times in the past, so I can't help but wonder, is it possible she dodge the bullet one more time? With only four months left before the title gets the axe, I think this really could be the kid's final hour, as much as I hate to say it.

However, Spider-Girl has what may be the most passionate group of fans out there. They've flooded Marvel with letters telling them not to cancel Spider-Girl. Over the last 10 years, these fans have been the reason the title has remained in publication.

Some have speculated that Tom DeFalco plans to tie up some loose ends with the last 6 issues of Amazing Spider-Girl, but he's also said there are more stories to tell. I want the book to stick around as much as anyone else. I don't care if it is a niche title, it's still one of the best comics being published.

Will the same old, same old be enough to keep Mayday web-slinging this time? I'm not sure, but it won't hurt to try.

Comments

Tommy said…
Even if it does get canceled, maybe, just maybe, it'll be back the same way Family Guy did.

In this case, if the Digests sell well.

I say, it's not over, even when they (Marvel) says it's over.
Maybe it'll have what Amazing had in 98:
May have the sense of responsibility when she goes to College and feel the high need of Spider-Girl for the city, but in a more well executed fashion
You've got a point there, Tommy. How many times has Marvel said one thing and then did the other or changed their minds? I've lost count.

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...