Skip to main content

Bullying the Bullies

Last week Richard Gale, some 12 year old punk looking for his 15 minutes of internet fame thought it would be a good idea to bully 16 year old Cassey Heynes. Cassey endured one sucker punch and four jabs before he snapped and went Zangief on the 12 year old upstart. One doesn't have to eat a concrete sandwich to know that it doesn't taste good but I guess some people really are so stupid that they need to have an example made out of them. You can probably tell that I don't have an ounce of sympathy for the little snot.

The interesting thing is, Cassey was bullied for three years. That means that Cassey didn't go all pro wrestler on his attacker out of the blue. There was some build up behind this. Gale just happened to be the one that made Cassey say enough is enough. If the bully read TVTropes, he'd have known that you really shouldn't provoke nice people because when nice people get angry, it tends to be a lot worse than someone who's always mad. There was also that noticeable size difference, but from what the video showed, the bully wasn't very bright.

Bullies continue to be a problem on school grounds. When you have a problem that's as old as dirty, finding a solution is not easy. 

"Just ignore it," is probably the most common advice on escaping a bully's wrath and the most pathetic. Cassey tried ignoring his bully and it clearly did not work.

"Stay with a group of friends," is also frequently given advice but there are bullies that could care less if your pals are with you. Not only that, you can't be with your friends all the time in school. 

"Tell a teacher." Now teachers know that bulling is a constant problem and unless they are present at the time when the punches get thrown, they can't do anything about it until after the fact. All schools have a no tolerance policy on bullying and anyone caught fighting in any manner usually get suspended. I guess this is the best schools can do to combat bullying but in my personal opinion, I don't think schools really know how to deal with it at all.

The worst thing about being bullied is that if you even defend yourself by fighting back, you get put out of school for a few days. Stand there and take it and you get to stay in school but you're still a victim. What we have here is a no win situation because schools really don't know what to do to stop the bully problem. 

Schools are freaking out because this video went viral and are now afraid victims will start slamming bullies on  the ground. They act like this is the first time a bully has had a taste of his own medicine. Bully victim has been snapping for years. This is just one of the times where it was caught on video and became insanely popular. What the schools are missing is the reason it's so popular is because the lousy school system has never really fought back against the problem. Any kid that has been bullied will tell you that being a victim sucks and since the school won't do anything about it, these kids are starting to take matters into their own hands. 

Now I like to avoid violence and as much as I wish bullying didn't exist, we all know that's not the kind of world we live in. So as it stands, kids have two choices. Stand up for yourself and get suspended. Take a beating and stay in school. Life isn't fair, but what else is new?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...