Skip to main content

Farewell, Hinata?

Each week we get spoilers for the latest manga chapters of Naruto. One of the spoilers for this week was that Hinata was killed by Pain. Of course many thought this was fake, myself included. Surly the author wouldn't kill of my favorite female character in Naruto. Well, the truth hurts and it seems that's exactly what he did.

Naruto has had a crush on Sakura since his days in the ninja academy. She was the only girl he had eyes for and she couldn't see him for dust and at the start of the series, she treated him like crap. Why anyone would still be interested in a girl like that is beyond me. Hinata has had a crush on Naruto for the longest time and I'd always wondered if and when she'd admit her feelings to his face. Well she finally did. And she didn't just tell Naruto that she likes him. Hinata told Naruto that she loves him. Naruto is clearly stunned by her words. After this revalation, she is killed off panel right in front of Naruto.

I wanted to scream out "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!" when I found out this once thought fake spoiler was true. Though I am (perhaps foolishly) hopeful that Hinata is still alive. I mean, characters in this series have survived fatal injuries when they should have kicked the bucket.

Hinata looked glorious in this chapter. Her speech she gave and her confession to Naruto were very heart-felt. He finds out that Hinata has loved him all this time and she's taken away from him in the blink of an eye. I think the last time I was this bummed when an anime manga character died was Maes Hues in Full Metal Alchemist. Again, that is assuming if she's dead. I really hope Kishimoto is screwing with us here.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I hope she will be revived just like Gaara...
For real! Hinata is my girl!
I was about to cry until I read fake, and that made me remember when they made the King of Akatsuki L/Ryuuzaki/Ryugai Hidaki from "Death Note". That one is funnier than Naruto's father being the king of Akatsuki

If she dies I'll cry, but I'll cry more if poor TenTen dies
Tommy said…
Yeah, hopefully her and Kakashi are okay.
Read the last few chapters, so please don't be angry with these spoilers if you didn't:

"Hinata actually get's heavily injured, but she remains alive, Ino's father & co. take her with them to a tower for dead people where skin on bones Nagato controls all his pains from and send the on Naruto."

I have to admit: You guys are weirdo's "Tommy & You" (No Offence, we're all weirdo's); current "status quo" Spider-Man sucks & this trash is good? I wanted to kick everyone telling me Spider-Man sucks and enjoys Naruto because they bug me, I like Naruto but the last couple of chapters are definite trash

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...