Skip to main content

What to Do

It's been nearly 3 months since I made a post on this blog. Part of the reason for not writing anything here is that I've been busy writing on my gaming blog. The other reason is that I've been struggling with what I should write here.

When I started this blog back in March of 2008, it was primarily a comic-based blog, but since my interest in the medium had decreased so much, there hasn't been a great deal for me to talk about on that front. For a while, the blog did see a lot of activity regarding non-comic based posts before I made my move to Virginia Beach. But  now, well, as I said, it's been a sizable gap since the last post.

I'm not entirely sure what I should dedicate this blog to.  I think my father and sister have far more interesting things to blog about in their lives than I do. That's not to say I think my life is dull. Far from it. I guess it's just easier to write about gaming because I'm so passionate about it. I do still keep an eye on the comic industry so I could chime in on what's going on there. Or I could just continue to write about the things going on in my life. Should I write about what I like, or about what I think people would prefer to read about? Maybe I could do both.

One thing I have deiced on is to get out in the open why I'm so fed up with comics. There will be a nice detailed post about that coming up. I've also got some stuff to say about my life here in Virginia Beach and how I've been adjusting to it all. So while I haven't posted for some time, this blog is far from dead.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...