Skip to main content

Dragon Ball Kai Coming to America

Dragon Ball Kai, which is a more true to the manga adaption of the anime (leaving out much of the filler in the original run of DBZ) began airing in Japan sometime in 2009. Funimation now has the rights to Kai and is bringing it state side under the label Dragon Ball Z Kai. I don't mean to toot my own horn, but I so knew this was gonna happen and it is the primary reason I refuse to buy the Dragon Box DVD sets. If I want to watch the more extended filler anime of DBZ, I have no problem sticking with Funi's remastered orange boxes. 

As for Kai, I've watched some subtitled episodes and it's pretty good stuff. Funimation is not only redubbing the Z Kai, they also intended to use the original Japanese score for Kai, which, in my humble opinion, blows the original BGM for the Japanese version of Z out of the water. The first part of season one contains 13 episodes and it will be available on both DVD and Blu-Ray. The first set is due out on May 18th so if you've got some money to kill, by all means, pick it up. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...