Skip to main content

OMIT

So Joe Q and company are finally gonna get around to telling us "what really happened" as to why Peter and Mary Jane never did wed. Originally ASM #600 was supposed to explain things but for whatever reason, things were delayed. Quesada is once again taking charge of the writing duties. Anyone remember what happened the last time this man got involved with a Spidey story? Of course you do. 

Personally, my hopes are not pinned on a reasonable explanation and they haven't been for the last two plus years. One More Day was without question one of the worst Spider-Man stories ever created and with One Moment in Time, it's being revisited. If Joe Q couldn't come up with a good way to split them apart, why on Earth should we expect him to come up with a plausible story telling us just why they didn't tie the knot? I think Joey is a decent artist (I prefer his earlier work) but he should leave the writing duties to others.

Comments

At least you gotta admit; this is one cool cover, with a great Spidey suit :D
Tommy said…
This already has made for trade paperback and wrangling in Stan or even Tom DeFalco to have to write some Forward for it. Poor guys.
Yeah, the cover is nice. I like the Black Suit tux. Pretty cool.

Stan and Tom got stuck with that? Yeesh. Tom hasn't come out and said it directly, but its been implied that he, Ron Frenz and Sal Buscema think Joe Q really screwed up.

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...