Skip to main content

Calvin and Hobbes 10th Anniversart Book

Bet you didn't know I was a fan of this duo, huh? But really, who isn't a fan of Calvin and Hobbes? This is widely regarded as one of the greatest comic strips of all-time.

Yesterday, I picked up the Calvin and Hobbes Tenth Anniversary Book for $5.99 at my Borders. This book is pretty cheap and easy to come by. Originally released in 1995, this book isn't merely a collection of comics. Sure, you'll get plenty of laughs from the many daily and Sunday strips that are included here, but you'll also get a good dose of background info on the characters and inspiration of said characters from the author, Bill Waterson. Even though I own, The Essential Calvin and Hobbes (another great collection), the info from Waterson makes the Tenth Anniversary Book worth owning for me. Also, considering the original price was $16.99, the price I paid was a steal.

Comments

Naughty Naughty, A Steal?
YOU'RE GROUNDED :D

I think it's an OK strip, I wish I had a tiger as a real friend instead of imagining a stuffed tiger walk on two legs and chat with me

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...