Skip to main content

TOGA, TOGA!

So I finally spotted a copy of Animal House on DVD last Friday for $8. I'd been wanting to check out this film for sometime after hearing a lot of good things about it. At first I thought it was made in the '80s, but no, the film actually came out in 1978, making it more than thirty years old.

Animal House tells the story of a rag-tag frat group called the Deltas, the worst frat on the whole campus. The Deltas are on their last legs. One more screw up and they are history.

As with most college films, I was expecting this one to try to teach me something, to instill some kinda knowledge into my mind. You know, maybe give me some kinda moral to walk away with. This is one of the few movies that did none of those things. In fact, it doesn't even trying to. If Animal House has some sort of message that I could get from it, that message would be that you have to stop and laugh yourself silly every now and then because the movie made me do just that.

Comments

I still didn't watch this movie, and have no intention of doing so

Just wanted to pass by and congratulate you on the second anniversary of blogging, I'm over a week late, but here I am
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...