Skip to main content

OMIT Part 4 Reactions

This may very well be the worst part of OMIT, much like part 4 of OMD was the worst of it's four parts. It wreaks of author avatar by having Joe Q be the talking point through MJ, basically telling us that like the Spider-Marriage to move on. Move on? Like Joe Q did? And we're supposed to believe Carlie is the one for Peter? Don't make me laugh. I have nothing against the character. In fact, she's probably the only character in this whole BND era that I don't dislike. But in all her appearances, has she ever really been fleshed out? She seems about as interesting as brick (no pun intended). I dug Pete/MJ because they were opposites and opposites can and do attract. How are readers ever going to buy Peter being in a meaningful relationship that he'll stay in when the current man in charge has made it clear he doesn't want Peter married. Whatever relationship Peter will have in the future is already doomed to failure so why should I even care?

And boy howdy, has MJ been hit with character derailment here. She went from being one of the toughest women in the Marvel U to being an S-class wuss all so Joe Q could break them up. It's OMD all over again. Characters acting in ways they wouldn't in order to tell a sad excuse for a story. She breaks up with Peter because in here own words she "isn't strong enough" to handle him being Spider-Man. Some fat dude trying to kill her made here realize she's always in danger. So let me see here. She's been threatened by Venom, two versions of the Green Goblin, the Chameleon, Tombstone and who knows how many other super villains. In other words, she's been threatened by professionals and she still stood by Peter. But all of a sudden, she gets weak-kneed when some fat dude comes after her? Give me a freakin' break!

Oh and Peter feels "free" after he and MJ are done talking, going so far as to say it feels like a "brand new day." Sorry, Peter but you're still locked in a cage known as bad story-telling and when you'll get the key to come out, God only knows.

Why couldn't Paulo Rivera just draw the whole issue? Bad enough to endure crappy writing but Quesada's depiction's of MJ are just HIDEOUS! You cannot look at this image and tell me that it's right.

So the crapstorm of OMIT has ended. In the words of Andrew Reiner when he review C: The Contra Adventure and mirroring Gerard's review over at Crawl Space, I give this issue, nay this whole story "two thumbs down and two other fingers up."

Comments

Tommy said…
Heh, this is just so crappy, I wonder how the guy even gets up in the morning and lives with himself.

I think the person that comes up with a way to retcon this and not have any of these actions from the last few years be canon to these characters will be a genius.
Maybe I should laugh on the image of MJ by Quesada? Which I already am doing. It is so ugly it's funny

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...