Skip to main content

Heya! Goku and the Gang Are Back!

If you can't read Japanese, the writing in the above picture translates to "Heya! Son Goku and Friends Return!!" which is the name of the new Dragon Ball OVA that was announced a few months ago.

I've actually seen this and while it's only 35 mintues and nothing extrordinary, it is pretty good. Written by Akira Toriyama, this story takes places 2 years after the defeat of Majin Boo. All the familiar faces are here along with some new ones.

What I really liked about this OVA was the amount of humor packed into it. There were plenty of laugh out loud moments and it really took me back. It was more in the line of Dragon Ball before a Z was added to the title.

It's up on YouTube if you wanna check it out. I recommend you do.

Opening

Just follow the related videos from there. Enjoy!

Comments

Tommy said…
Yeah, I saw it 2 days ago! I liked how Wolf Fang Fist appeared again, among other attacks not shown since Dragonball or very early Z.
Tell me about it! And everyone got their own time in the sun! It was nice to see Krillin and Yamcha not getting jobbed for once.

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...