Skip to main content

Spidey's Origin, the Abridged Version


This is from the King Size Spider-Man Summer Special one-shot. The opening page has Spidey sum up his origin in three short word balloons. Its one of the funniest things I've seen in a Spider-Man comic book. The first issue of All-Star Superman summed up the man of steel's origin in eight words.

"Doomed planet."
"Desperate scientists."
"Last hope."
"Kindly couple."

Spidey does it with just six words.

"Got bit."
"Uncle died."
"Fight crime."

'Nuff said indeed.

Comments

rjsodaro said…
I totally agree, Reg!
Simple and effective. I love it!
rjsodaro said…
Actually, I’m surprised that they didn’t turn it into a six-issue mini-series out of it, oh wait, never mind.
Ha! Marvel really has milked Spidey's origin. But man, it is a good origin.
Tommy said…
MJ teaming with the other heroes is an awesome idea, and already has me sold on the issue.

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...