Skip to main content

Spidey Super Score!

I was in Circuit City yesterday, killing time before my bus arrived so I could go home. Browsing the computer software section, I noticed they had a few copies of the Fantastic Four & Silver Surfer: The Complete Collection. I figured, if they had some of those, they may have the Amazing Spider-Man: The Complete Collection. Sure enough, they had one copy left and I'm proud to say I am the now the owner of said last copy.

The box isn't nearly as big as I thought it would be. In fact the thing is roughly the size of a DVD case. On top of that, it's pretty light. But really, the thing could be the weight of a toothpick and I wouldn't care. One of my most coveted Spidey collections is finally mine!! Now I can read "Where Cometh the Commuter," "Nothing Can Stop the Juggernaut" and I can see for myself how bad the '98 reboot really was. So yeah, I'll be talking about the issues I read that I've never read before as I go along.

Comments

Tommy said…
MWAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAAH!!! (about reading the '98 reboot)

I think the main good thing you'll get to read in there is the Green Goblin story around issue #25.
I was just thinking of that story, Tommy. Did Jenkins do some or all of that issue?
Tommy said…
Surprisingly, Howard Mackie did Pt. 1.
In Amazing Spider-Man:
Mackie wrote the "Final Chapter", the reboot and kept writing until JMS came in Amazing#30

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...