Skip to main content

Read This Blog!

I've made it no secret that I despise One More Day and it's successor, Brand New Day. If you're on the side of the camp that believes Marvel screwed the pooch on Spider-Man, then you should check out Killer Writer's MySpace blog. Regardless of your thoughts on fan fiction, I think you'll be pretty impressed with what he's doing here. He begins the story in Amazing Spider-Man #545 and rather than urinate all over everything and eff things up the way Marvel has, he actually moves forward, and by forward, I actually mean forward, not backwards like Joe Q. Peter and MJ are still married and written in character, which is reason enough to read it but he also weaves a lot of interesting plot threads.

In all honesty, Killer Writer's work is a lot more creative than anything currently going on in the pages of ASM (which is a pitiful attempt to recall the glory days at best.) He's even got a story going that involves Norman Osborn and his green alter ego.

I've exchanged some back and forth messages with the guy on MySpace. Not only is he a good writer, he's downright funny. So check out his page and enjoy.

Comments

rjsodaro said…
Reggie, I just wanted to stop by and tell you that I've been enjoying your blog. You have some very interesting stuff to say. Keep it up.
Thanks, Bob! I always enjoy reading your blog and your opinions on Marvel Adventures Spider-Man, which is now one of my fav comics.
Tommy said…
That was a better way to conclude things! And unlike the actual end of OMD, it has me eager to see what's coming next.

Popular posts from this blog

R.I.P Mickey Mouse

In case you haven't heard , Wayne Allwine, the voice actor of Mickey Mouse passed away at the age of 62. He had been voice the world's most famous mouse since 1977. The original voice actor for Mickey was Walt Disney himself. Allwine's imitation of Disney's voice was spot on. Most of the the Mickey Mouse cartoons I've seen were voiced by Allwine. 'Tis a sad day in cartoon history. R.I.P, Wayne Allwine.

The Adventures of Spiderchibi

More here .

Spider-Haul!

My tax rebate check (finally) came in the mail and after setting some of the green aside for bills, I decided I'd treat myself. Went to my comic shop and snagged myself some cool Spider-Man goodies. I was thinking I'd pick up Amazing Spider-Man #247 to further complete my issues for Roger Stern's run. God must have really smiled on me because when I was looking through the back issue boxes for said comic, I found a copy of Amazing Spider-Man #248, which has the highly praised side story, The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man. And I was just talking about this story a few weeks ago. Go figure. This could be my Spidey biased kicking in, but I've always loved Black Cat more than Catwoman. Don't get me wrong, I like Selina Kyle and her feline alter ego. In fact, she stared in one of my favorite mini series, Selina's Big Score, but I find Felicia Hard to be a more interesting character. Be it the sexual tension between her and Spidey, or her simply being a good friend and ...